When I first heard of Woolzies, I couldn't wait to try them.
I don't use fabric softener because my husband is allergic to some kinds and dryer sheets leave an icky film on the dryer filter.
Plus, I think laundry is the worst household chore ever, so I get overly excited when I find anything that will help decrease the amount of time I spend doing it.
Wondering what the heck they are??
They are a natural fabric softener in the shape of a neat little wool ball.
Here are some things I really liked about them:
1.They cut my drying time by about 20 minutes. It normally takes a large load of laundry about 60 minutes but they were dry within 40. This is a big deal when you live in AZ and you want to keep your house as cool as possible, especially when your office is right by the laundry room!
2. They add fluff to my stuff. You heard me.
3. They are hypoallergenic. I get super itchy when I put on wool sweaters and Nathan can't use certain fabric softeners (because he is allergic) so I was thrilled we could use something that wouldn't cause either of us any discomfort.
4. They save me money. Between drying time and the fact that they last for at least 1,000 loads, I am definitely saving money in the long run!
5. They really did soften our clothes. I compared two shirts (one I used the Woolzies dryer balls with and one without) & my husband and I could both notice a difference.
6. My clothes weren't all stuck together and staticy, which I hate!
The only thing I found a little annoying (but wasn't a big deal)- I could hear them flopping around in the dryer. I happened to throw a load in before we went to sleep and I could hear them bouncing around in there. I almost wish they had more of a fragrance to them, but I would take not being itchy any day over a "smelly good" dryer sheet.
All in all, I really liked using them & will definitely continue too! I haven't done a load without them since and don't plan to!